Estate Planning for Every Stage of Life
If you have elderly loved ones, your greatest concerns are perhaps long-term care costs and how to protect your loved one during a crisis. What if your loved one falls ill and requires increased assistance? How can we afford nursing home care? Elder law planning can provide answers to all of these issues. As more and more Americans are living longer, many seniors and their families will encounter these challenges, so it is important that you are prepared.
Our team at the Adams Law Firm can guide you through the elder law planning process, providing comprehensive plans for your elderly loved one’s medical, financial, and personal needs. We are passionate about protecting families and making sure that they do not suffer from unnecessary stress and financial turmoil due to a crisis.
During elder law planning, our Katy elder law attorneys can help you make important decisions regarding:
- Long-term care: We can help you understand your choices for long-term care facilities, the funding sources, and other necessary documents to protect your assets and estate.
- Medicaid: Medicaid is an excellent resource to help seniors pay for long-term care. Although there are maximum asset restrictions, there are creative ways to restructure your assets in a way that is compliant with Medicaid rules.
- Guardianship: When you are no longer able to make choices for your financial or medical affairs, who do you want to put in charge? We can help you choose and establish the right guardians.
- Crisis planning: If your loved one requires care due to a medical crisis, make sure you are ready. We can explain your funding sources, Medicaid eligibility, and other options to preserve their assets.
- Estate planning: We can make sure that you have the right estate planning documents in order, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and more.
The best thing you can do for you and your family is be prepared. We can start planning today so you can feel confident about your future. Contact us at (281) 391-9237. We welcome clients from all across Harris, Fort Bend, Waller, and surrounding counties.